ACIA will host the Attendant Care Industry Conference on 15 &16 September 2015 at the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park. The two-day Program and registration form are located on the ACIA website.
NDIS update, service planning issues for providers, changes to item number and clusters and the Western Sydney Nepean Trial roll-out – Mary Hawkins, National Disability Insurance Agency
Aged Care Reform Update – Implementation, tools to help providers and future plans and My Aged Care Portal issues – Corey Irlam, COTA Australia
- NSW Disability Program Reforms – Individualised Funding Handbook – Katrina Armstrong, Director Individualised Supports, FACS NSW
- Service Safety Assessment Tool for identifying and risk in attendant care service delivery – Gregg Landry, Managing Director and Principal OT from Care Safely
- Proposed Legislative Reforms for NSW Insurance Agencies – John Nagle, Executive Director, WorkCover NSW
- Experiences of Attendant Care and Personal views on Quality and Safeguards- Sarah Butler, Participant and Living Life My Way Ambassador
- Effectively Supporting People with Cognitive and Behavioural Impairments: Practical Training for Support Workers – Samantha Grant, Senior Clinical Psychologist, Inspire Rehab & Psychology and Inbal Luft, Principal OT, Encompass Occupational Therapy
- Provider Perspective on Implementation of the Attendant Care Industry Standard – Rita Blundell and Sharon Burnett, CSS – Care and Support Services
- Attendant Care and Mental Health – Robina Moubarak, Senior Social Worker, Brain Injury Rehabilitation Unit, Liverpool Hospital and Samantha Grant, Senior Clinical Psychologist, Inspire Rehab & Psychology
ACIA will also present and overview of our proposed framework for quality at all levels from mainstream support right through to complex clinical care and facilitate an interactive session on ACIA’s existing service delivery guidelines and new guidelines for Provision of Catheter Care by Attendant Care Workers, Maintenance of Skin Integrity by Attendant Care Workers and Provision of Bariatric Care by Attendant Care Workers.
To register please refer to the pdf enrollment form on the ACIA website.