HDAA has been awarded Interim Approval as an Accreditor for The National Safety & Quality in Health Services Standards (NSQHSS) by the Australian Commission on Safety & Quality in Health Care.
The NSQHSS address the following areas:
- Governance for Safety and Quality in Health Service Organisations
- Partnering with Consumers
- Preventing and Controlling Healthcare Associated Infections
- Medication Safety
- Patient Identification and Procedure Matching
- Clinical Handover
- Blood and Blood Products
- Preventing and Managing Pressure Injuries
- Recognising and Responding to Clinical Deterioration in Acute Health Care
- Preventing Falls and Harm from Falls
Acknowledgment for this information is given to the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC) (2011), National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards, ACSQHC, Sydney.