Program Information And Resources
Scheme schedules and requirements
The following documents include an outline of the schemes core requirements, including your obligations in preparing for assessment, sampling information, and other relevant information and forms part of Your Proposal and contract with us.
- Disability Employment Services and Supported Employment Services (DES/SES) scheme requirements
- Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF) scheme requirements
- Human Services Scheme (HSS) scheme requirements
- ISO 9001:2015 (QMS) scheme requirements
- National Safety and Quality In Health Care Services Standards (NSQHSS) scheme requirements
- National Standards for Mental Health Services (NSMHS) scheme requirements
- NDIS Approved Quality Auditor (Certification) scheme requirements
- NDIS Approved Quality Auditor (Verification) scheme requirements
Looking for a HSQS, HSS, or ISO:9001 certified provider? Service providers certified to these schemes by HDAA and other certification bodies can be viewed on the JAS-ANZ register here.
NDIS Certification and Verification
We’ve collected the most useful content for NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) certification and verification so that you can make informed decisions.
- Registration groups and assessment pathway (PDF)
- NDIS (Approved Quality Auditors Scheme) Guidelines 2018
- NDIS (Provider Registration and Practice Standards) Rules 2018
- NDIS (Quality Indicators) Guidelines 2018
- NDIS Commission Rules
If you need further guidance, please contact us.
The following resources may be useful as you prepare for your NSDS assessment:
- National Standards for Disability Services
- NSDS Easy English workbook
- NSDS Evidence Guide (pdf)
- NSDS Conversation Tool
- Corporate Governance Handbook (pdf)
For more information:
Mental Health (NSMHS) Resources
Click here to access the Standards and intent of the Framework.
Additional guideline documents:
- Public mental health services and private hospitals
- Community (non government) organisations
- Private office-based mental health services
ISO 9001:2015 Resources
HDAA certified organisations are granted the use of the HDAA Mark which can be used on physical material and electronic marketing. Your organisation will also be listed on the JAS-ANZ Public Register of Certified Organisations.
The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care website has numerous resources and detail related to accreditation for dental practices.
Guide for Dental Practices (Version 3, Nov 2015)
Contact us for a copy of our self assessment system designed for dental practices to NSQHS Standards 1-6.
Human Services Queensland Resources (HSQF)
Below are links to resources used by the Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors, the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women (the Departments) and Queensland Health for service providers certified to the HSQS.
- The Human Services Quality Standards (pdf) explains the 6 Standards and associated indicators.
- The Human Services Quality Framework, Measuring Quality Improving Services Version 7 (pdf).
- The Human Services Quality Framework User Guide V7 explains the standards and shows examples of evidence.
The following resources may also be useful in preparing for your HSQS assessment:
Human Services Scheme Victoria
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provides on their website the necessary policy, procedures and forms for disability and community services providers who are registered or wish to become registered. These resources are regularly updated.
Information for providers about HSS is on the DHHS website and can be accessed here. This includes:
- Human Services Standards policy.
- Human Services Standards evidence guide and resource tool.
- Human Services Standards self-assessment tool.
- Staff, volunteer, carer and client file audit tools.
- Standards and Regulation Unit updates.
- Registration requirements for community services.
- Registration requirements for disability service providers.
National Standards for Health (NSQHS) Resources
The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC) has produced a number of Fact Sheets related to the assessment process.
NSQHS Standards advisories are here.
- These advisories cover updates to the Standards and assessment related matters.
NSQHS Standards Fact sheets are here.
- These fact sheets provide; details of assessment requirements, guidance on assessment preparation and further information related to the clinical and organisational requirements of the Standards.
The above resources are very useful in helping health service organisations align their patient safety and quality improvement programs using the framework of the NSQHS Standards.
If you want more information than that provided in the advisories and fact sheets, the Commission has a NSQHS Standards Advice Centre with the following contact details.
- Phone: 1800 304 056
- Email: email@example.com
Diagnostic Imaging (DIAS) Resources
The Department of Health has a comprehensive set of guidance materials to assist Practices complete an application for accreditation to the Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme (DIAS) standards. The guidance materials include detailed information on each standard explaining what is required, references to State and Territory legislation and templates that practices can adopt to produce the evidence required to meet the Standards. HDAA strongly endorses these guidance materials and word templates for practices seeking support with preparing for accreditation.
Use this link to access the DIAS Standards 2015.
Use this link for the DIAS User Guide and templates (updated April 2020) for practices requiring accreditation and links to a number of templates can be accessed from the link above to DoH’s website.
Department of Health scheme updates and information:
- Detail of the scheme, its back ground and purpose can be viewed on the Department of Health’s website.
- DoH Fact Sheet – Strengthening the Provision of Quality Diagnostic Imaging Services. (June 2015)
- DoH Information – Changes to DI Capital Sensitivity Measures (age of equipment). (May 2015)
- DoH Fact Sheet – Cone Beam Computed Tomography (Changes under Medicare). (November 2014)
- DoH Information – Diagnostic imaging Medicare item groups (June 2015)
- DoH Advisory Statement A17/01 – Introduction of Adult Diagnostic Reference Levels for Nuclear Medicine. (August 2017)
- DoH Advisory Statement A17/02 – Light based disinfection systems for use with ultrasound probes. (August 2017)
- DoH Advisory Statement A 18/02 – Nuclear medicine imaging procedures: consent requirements for the administration of radiopharmaceuticals (April 2018)
- DoH Advisory Statement A 18/03 – Clarification of consent requirements for transvaginal and transrectal ultrasound procedures (April 2018)
- DoH Advisory Statement A 18/04 – Updated Diagnostic Reference Levels for CT (July 2018)
- DoH Advisory Statement A18/05 – Clarification of evidentiary requirements for Standard 1.5,
- DoH Advisory Statement A18/06 – Requirement for High Level Disinfection of Ultrasound Transducers
- Advisory Statement A19/01 – Clarifying the Required Evidence for Standard 3.2, Optimised Radiation technique Charts (July 2019)
- Advisory Statement A19/02 – New Reference for Disinfection Requirements in Standard 1.6, Healthcare Associated Infection (July 2019)
- Advisory Statement A20/01 – Introduction of Diagnostic Reference Levels for Coronary Angiography (September 2020)
Looking for a Certified Provider?
Service providers accredited by HDAA at this link.