Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF)
We’ve been working towards a better Queensland since we were chosen as the sole original accreditation agency to pilot Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF) in 2011. Today, our work continues as the leading specialist provider of HSQF assessment services for Queensland human services organisations.
Over the years, we’ve assessed providers of all types of services; Disability Services, Child and Family Services, Women and Violence Prevention Services, Youth Services, Community and Seniors Services, Queensland Community Care and Health Services and more.
We can work with you towards your accreditation if you are delivering services under a service agreement with:
- The Department of Children, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs (DCYJMA);
- The Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy (DCHDE);
- The Department of Justice and Attorney-General (DJAG);
- Department of Seniors, Disability Services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships (DSDSATSIP); and
- Queensland Health.
Service providers certified to the HSQF by HDAA and other certification bodies can be viewed on the JAS-ANZ register here.
About the HSQF
The Human Services Quality Framework is the consolidation of many standards used with Human Service organisations in Queensland. Initially, the standards applied to Disability Service providers and then grew to include Licensed Child Safety Services. In 2015, the scope broadened to include Community Service Organisations (as well as Disability and Child Safety Services). In early 2019, the program broadened further to also include community mental health services funded by Queensland Health.
We’re now up to Version 8.1 of the Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF), which details all services in the scope of the framework, including a few exceptions. The standards of the HSQF are the Human Service Quality Standards (HSQS).
The HSQF Certification cycle is for three years with a mid-point surveillance assessment on site (at 18 months) and is designed on a continuous improvement framework to support service providers achieve on-going quality improvement.
Resources for your next assessment
To help you get a head start on your certification, we’ve collated the most important and useful resources.
- Human Services Quality Standards – Version 8.1
- Human Services Quality Framework – Version 8.1
- HSQF User Guide – Certification Version 8.1
- HSQF Tools and Resources
- QCOSS Community Door Templates and Resources
- QCOSS Community Door eTraining
- Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Protection Peak
Looking for an assessment that means something more?
We would love to discuss your HSQF certification requirements with you today.